one day while browsing around the asian market, i decided that i wanted to try my hand at cooking something with tofu in it. i picked up a bunch of other things and eggplant and green beans happend to be in the basket. not knowing what exactly i was going to do with the tofu, i decided to throw those three items together in a stir fry and call it a day.
i'd come across a recipe for baked tofu (found here)before and based my flavor off of that.
-1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tbs black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs soy sauce
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. press excess liquid from tofu by wrapping in paper towels and pressing
3. cut tofu in 1x1 inch pieces
4. in a small bowl combine the olive oil, honey, chili powder, pepper, paprika and soy sauce and microwave for 30 second. stir well.
5. toss tofu with wet ingredients (i threw it all in a ziplock bag and shook it up)
6. bake on a sprayed cooking sheet for approx. 30 min.
to make the stir fry, just cut up your eggplant and greenbeans into bite size pieces and cook on medium heat until cooked through. the last couple minutes of cooking, toss in the baked tofu. i made a little extra of the tofu marinade to toss with the veggies before i incorporated the tofu. serve with rice, and you've got a great vegetarian meal!