i know i've already tried to proposition you into making that banana cream pie for Thanksgiving and i've already used up my bossy pants points, but you should really make this pie for your next potluck. you can save it for the Christmas one mmkay? plus it's all apple-y, so it's more fall/winter worthy than bananas are. there is just so much going on in this pie that it can't not be good.
crunchy cinnamony graham cracker crust.
oozing salted caramel.
nutty toasted pecans.
comforting luscious brown sugar apples.
creamy savory cheesecake.
not too sweet, and slightly tart.
just try not to fall in love with this pie. it's pretty impossible.
simple. seems like a lot but really there aren't all that many ingredients
this is when your house starts to smell like Cinnabon does at the mall
isn't that stunning?
it's only getting better
cheesecake layer before baking
try not to eat the whole thing
salted caramel apple pecan cheesecake
- 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 c unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 c salted caramel sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 5 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temp
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 egg at room temp
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. in a bowl, stir to combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and ground cinnamon
3. add melted butter and stir until mixture is evenly moist
4. press evenly into pie pan
5. bake until golden brown or about 10-15 minutes
6. remove from oven and set aside to cool
decrease oven temp to 350 degrees F.
after crust has cooled drizzle caramel sauce over the entire bottom of pie crust, then layer with pecans. place pie pan in fridge to cool while you make the apples.
1. in a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter
2. add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and cook until melted
3. add apple slices and stir to evenly coat all slices
4. cook until apples have softened and all liquid has evaporated (approx 20 mins), stirring occasionally
5. once ready, take apples off heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes
6. evenly layer apples into pie crust
7. place in fridge to cool while you make the cheesecake
make cheese cake:
1. beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy
2. add egg and beat until completely mixed in. make sure to scrape sides of the bowl
3. add vanilla and lemon and beat until smooth
4. pour cheesecake into pie crust over apples and smooth with spatula
5. bake in oven for approx 30 mins or until the cheesecake loses it's jiggle
6. transfer pie to cooling rack and allow to cool to room temp
7. place pie in fridge for at least 4 hours
garnish the pie with more salted caramel and pecans