chocolate crinkle cookies are really simple and extra delicious. they're light and fluffy while still being chewy and crisp all at the same time. they taste great, but personally, i feel like they look a little creepy. i don't know what it is about them but they just freak me out a little bit. it won't stop me from making them though! i've done these once with a bit of mint extract and it was superb!
chocolate crinkle cookies
-1 c unsweetened cocoa powder
-2 c white sugar
-1/2 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c powdered sugar
1. in a bowl, mix together cocoa powder, sugar and vegetable oil
2. beat in eggs and vanilla
3. in a smaller bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt
4. mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
5. cover with plastic wrap so that the wrap touches the dough. chill in fridge for at least 4 hrs.
6. preheat oven to 350 degrees F
7. roll dough into small balls no more than an inch across
8. roll balls through powdered sugar so that they are completely coated
9. place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet a couple of inches apart
10. bake for 10-12 minutes or until just barely set.
11. leave on sheet for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool
so good! and really easy!