Tuesday, January 31, 2012

31:365 surplus

31:365 surplus

oh thank god i got this check in the mail!! see, as i try to become a true adult i find myself met with more and more bills. attempting to be responsible, the second i get a bill in the mail i automatically pay it. truth be told, the real reason i pay them immediately is because i'm too lazy to try to keep track of it for more than five minutes. a couple of months ago i got my (new to me) property tax bill in the mail and paid for the whole next year without thinking. silly me forgot that included in my monthly mortgage payment is money that goes into escrow solely for property tax. because i'd already paid the next year off, i wondered what would happen to the extra money sitting in escrow. thank goodness someone somewhere knows about this stuff more than i do and sent me a check for the surplus amount. whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment