a simple summery salad. a little bit sweet, a little bit salty, and full of texture. inspiration from eatliverun.
brussel sprout salad
- 20 heads of brussel sprouts
- 4 strips thick bacon
- 1/2 c israeli couscous
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- salt and pepper
1. cook israeli couscous as directed on package and set aside
2. slice brussel sprouts into thin strips
3. cook bacon over medium heat until crispy, chop and set aside
4. using the bacon grease, cook the brussel sprouts until bright and just barely tender
5. in a large bowl toss together brussel sprouts, bacon, couscous and cranberries and season with salt and pepper. sprinkle with slices almonds and there ya go!!