good for a cold rainy day or if you're in need of a hearty healthy meal. you can make a giant batch and freeze the rest for a lazy day.
time to simmer!
easy turkey chili
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 c water
- 1 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 24 oz canned kidney beans, mashed
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
1. heat oil in a large pot over medium heat
2. cook turkey in pot until evenly brown
3. stir in onion and cook until tender
4. pour water into pot and add tomatoes, kidney beans, garlic, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper. stir until mixed through.
5. bring to a boil
6. reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for an hour
these are ready to be put into the freezer
this recipe is super easy and pretty tasty for something that simmers for only an hour. generally chili gets better with time but this one is pretty good as is. but wait a day and it'll be even better.
serve with a simple cornbread to round out the meal