burrata has been hitting the restaurant scene hard lately. if you don't know what burrata is it's mozzarella cheese with a cream center making it extra creamy and quite light. i've had burrata in various ways, but my favorite so far has been with hazelnuts and honey on crostini. i have to acknowledge my first time having it that way at Delarosa. the moment i took a bite i thought "oh snap! i've got to savour every bite of this deliciousness." then i saved the rest for dessert. and now that Trader Joe's has burrata, i've found how easy it is to recreate at home.
it's quite simple, really.
1. bake raw hazelnuts at 350 degrees F for a few minutes (there's no specific time here, folks. just don't burn them).
2. toast up some crusty bread
3. spread some burrata on that (it's looking better already!)
4. sprinkle sea salt and cracked pepper over it
5. throw on some roasted hazelnuts
6. squeeze some yummy outta that tummy (of your honey bear, of course)
7. eat to your hearts delight.
it's ridiculously good. trust me.