i had a ton of extra strawberries hanging around my kitchen as well as an extra pie crust sitting in my fridge from when i made quiche. when i realized i was going to be working on Valentine's Day, i seized the opportunity to use up the strawberries and pie crust by making a strawberry galette.
it's super simple and easy. served with some cool whip, it's a nice end to a meal.
- 1 pie crust
- 20 or so strawberries
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. roll out pie crust into a round
3. remove stems from strawberries and slice
4. in a bowl toss strawberries, sugar and cornstarch
5. pour into the middle of the pie crust
6. fold pie crust over and around the edge of the strawberries
7. brush crust with beaten egg
8. sprinkle some sugar over the top of it all
9. bake for approx. 35-40 minutes